What we Believe
- We believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, inspired by God, and contains the answer to humanity’s problems. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; & 2 Peter 1:20-21.
- We believe God has eternally existed in three persons – the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. God is the creator of the universe. Genesis 1:1, 26-27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; & 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- We believe Jesus is the Son of God, in His virgin birth, in His miracles, in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to heaven and in His personal return. Jesus lived a sinless human life and willingly offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all humankind by dying on a cross. Matthew 1:22-23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14-15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 1:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6:14-15; & Titus 2:13.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who lives within and guides believers, so they are enabled to live godly lives. The Holy Spirit empowers believers for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in daily life. John 14:15-26; 16:5-16; & Ephesians 1:13-14.
- We believe that the gifts and the fruit of the Spirit are a gift from God. They are for the spiritual growth of God’s people (the Church) and to create awe and wonder in unbelievers. The gifts and fruit of the Spirit are active and relevant today.1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 1 Peter 4:10; Matthew 3:11; Acts 2:4; 2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13; 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12-3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; & Ephesians 5:1.
- We believe that God created all human beings in His image. Therefore, we believe that human life is sacred. We believe that every life and every person should be treated with love, dignity and respect. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; & Galatians 6:10.
- We believe all of humanity is spiritually lost and we believe that acceptance of Jesus Christ is the only path to salvation for lost/sinful men and women. John 3:16; 5:24; & Titus 3:3-7.
- We believe salvation is a gift from God to humanity. It is not a result of what we do, but it is only available through God’s unearned favour. People can never make up for their sin by self-improvement or good works – only by trusting in Jesus as God’s offer of forgiveness can people be saved from sin’s penalty. We believe that rejecting Jesus Christ as Lord will result in separation from God. Romans 5:1; 3:24; & Ephesians 2: 8-9. Matthew 25:31-46; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Romans 6:23; 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; 10:29; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; 10:10-14; & 1 Peter 1:3-5.
- We believe sanctification is the ongoing process of allowing God’s character to be developed in believers. Romans 6:19; & Galatians 5:22-25.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus, that all believers are members of His body, the Church and what unites believers is always greater than what divides. Philippians 2:1-4.
- We believe baptism symbolises the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus and is a personal declaration that an individual has accepted Jesus as their personal Saviour. It is a biblical command and demonstrates a person’s desire to be a follower of Jesus. Colossians 2:12; Acts 2:41; Ephesians 2: 8-9; & Matthew 28:19-20.
- We believe communion, or the Lord’s Supper, is an ordinance given to all believers by Jesus to remember His sacrifice for all and of the new covenant. Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; Luke 22:19-20; & 1 Corinthians 11:23-29.
Dr Brendan Roach
Founder and CEO of Axx
- To provide biblically-based effective ministry training, and leadership programs that are trusted and accessible globally for pastors, leaders and disciples.
- The ministry we see will be a global community of people sharing resources to grow the kingdom of God.
- The ministry we see will provide ministry training courses to people who cannot for reasons of geography, cost, discrimination, or persecution normally access them.
- The ministry we see will access all parts of the globe.
- The ministry we see will start in English and then expand to other languages.
- The ministry we see will give a platform for the Body of Christ’s most gifted teachers to share their gift.
- Bible – We value the word of God as the foundation to build life and ministry upon.
- The Call of God – We believe in the call of God on your life and inspire you to pursue your calling.
- Trust – We are trusted because we provide solid, credible and unapologetic Bible-based training.
- Collaboration – We leverage the gifted ministry genius of others to work together to build the Kingdom of God.
- Innovation – Valuing the past and leaning into the future. We take the best technology has to offer and use it to deliver our training.
- Axx encourages the genuine expression of your individual calling in God.
- Axx supports active engagement in the local church and Christian ministries.
- Axx is dedicated to a Holy Spirit empowered life and ministry.
- Axx fosters a global kingdom perspective.
- Axx cultivates authentic spirituality.
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.”2 Timothy 3:16