The Certificate of Justice Poverty and Development focuses on the fullness of biblical justice. Formulating a biblical response to some of the most important issues in the world today.
Justice is not only good works but also essential to our knowledge of God and our understanding of what it means to be fully human.
The Certificate of Justice Poverty and Development prepares you to make a real difference in the world we live in. It engages issues such as justice, poverty, aid & development.
The Certificate of Justice Poverty and Development is biblical training on issues of social importance.From AUD$30.00/mo – Flexible Choice (Month-by-month)
Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, and please the widow’s cause.”Isaiah 1:17
Give justice to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute.”Psalm 82:3
What’s included in the Certificate of Justice Poverty and Development
- 3 specially designed socially aware courses
- 20 hours on-demand video
- 59 Bible-based lessons
- Full lifetime access
- Personalised Certified Certificate of Completion
- Access on computer, mobile devices and TV
- All learning resources, handouts and E-library at no extra cost
Who’s the Certificate of Justice Poverty and Development for
- How justice is also essential to our knowledge of God and our understanding of what it means to be fully human.
- It is a great how-to qualification for those seeking to make a difference in local Church ministry.
- This certificate is a foundational qualification and is designed for those who want to learn how to be an effective ministry in the social justice and community development spaces.
- It is ideal for those who are seeking or preparing for a gap year within the social justice, volunteer or community development groups.
At Axx you’ll learn
- Social & Environmental Justice
- This course describes the skills and knowledge necessary to develop an appropriate response to contemporary justice issues inherent to Christian ministry.
- Poverty, Aid & Development
- Learn biblical solutions to an ancient and current problem. Learn how to facilitate poverty alleviating measures on a local and global scale. Learn what is poverty and what are its causes and what are its results?
- NGO Practice
- Learn how to equip believers with the skills and knowledge required to evaluate efforts to deal with poverty, participate in aid and development and advocate for the aid and development cause from biblical and experiential perspectives.
- This qualification only requires a desire to serve in the global biblical justice movement.
- A heart to make a real difference in peoples lives.
- Learners are welcome to commence this qualification at any time.
- A computer, tablet or smartphone is required.
- No additional software is required.
- Internet connection is required.
- Lessons are presented in English.
Certificate of Justice Poverty and Development Training Courses
Social & Environmental Justice: Certified
This course describes the skills and knowledge necessary to develop an appropriate response to contemporary justice issues inherent to Christian ministry.
- Introduction to Course
- Jesus, the Bible & Justice
- What is Social Justice?
- Why Justice?
- A Crippling Theology
- Politics & the Church
- Consumerism: Christian’s Relationship with Desire
- History of Pentecostalism & Justice
- The Biblical Narrative
- God’s Love & Us (Human Trafficking)
- Misogyny & the Church
- Social & Environmental Justice in History
- Xenophobia & Philoxenia: “Who is my Neighbour?”
- Environmental Stewardship
- Environmental Stewardship: Nature of the Problem (1)
- Environmental Stewardship: Nature of the Problem (2)
- Environmental Stewardship: Nature of the Problem (3)
- Theology of Creation Care (1): Earth
- Theology of Creation Care (2): Creation Care in Scripture
- Theology of Creation Care (3): Place & Purpose of Humanity
- Theology of Creation Care (4): Place & Purpose of Humanity
- Practical & Personal Response (1)
- Practical & Personal Response (2)
- Practical & Personal Response (3)
- Practical & Personal Response (4)
- The Heart of the Problem
- Responding to the Problem
- Interview with Geoff Atkinson
- Jarrod McKenna: Testimony
About the instructor
Pastor Tim Healy
Tim has a particular interest in the environmental challenges of the twenty-first century and how Christian faith informs a response to these. His specific area of passion is African wildlife conservation but my concern extends to the entire planet and all the delicate ecosystems on which we depend for our existence. Tim currently leads Riverview Church (Western Australia).
Poverty, Aid & Development: Certified
This course is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to evaluate efforts to deal with poverty, participate in aid and development and advocate for the aid and development cause from biblical and experiential perspectives.
- Course Description
- What is Poverty?
- Structural Causes of Poverty (Rebecca Nhep - ACCI)
- Welfare in the Old Testament
- The Prophets & Poverty
- Jesus Continues the Plan of Shalom
- Interview with Ps Danny Major (1)
- Interview with Ps Danny Major (2)
- Contemporary Contributions to Poverty: Education (Nathan Flannery)
- Asset-based Community Development ABCD (Rebecca Nhep – ACCI)
- Methodology for Preventing Child Trafficking (David Cross – ZOE)
- Working Against Extreme Poverty (Tim Johnson – TEAR)
- Working with Local Poverty (Rachel Jones – Restore)
- Due Diligence (Rebecca Nhep – ACCI)
- Justice & Christians (1) Tim Johnson – TEAR
- Justice & Christians (Part 2) Tim Johnson – TEAR
- How to Advocate the Aid & Development Cause in Secular Contexts (Nathan Flannery)
- How ZOE Works in AID & Development in a Secular Context (David Cross)
- AID & Development in Church History
- Spiritual Causes of Poverty
- Contemporary Contribution to Poverty: Family & Socio-cultural
- How the Church should engage in development (Rebecca N)
- Global Governance in the 21st Century (Tim J)
- Fair Trade – Does fair-trade coffee help?
- How do we get involved? Christian NFP & NGOs
- Getting involved in AID & Development (Tim J)
- Short-term pathways to engage in prevention & rescue from Human Trafficking (Nathan Flannery)
- Short-term ways to engage in the prevention of Human Trafficking (David Cross ZOE)
- Relationship Between Health Care & Poverty
- War & Poverty
About the instructor
Following the completion of his Bachelor of Arts (Biblical Studies), Matthew assumed Vocational Education Course Supervisor role with Harvest Bible College.
NGO Practice: Certified
This course is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to analyse and engage Christian justice networks in order to appropriately align with them and with a community’s needs.
- Course Description
- Introduction to NGOs
- Introduction to Charities & Foundations
- Introduction to Networking
- Philosophy & Values
- Is the NGO operating legally?
- Management & Promotion
- Choosing an NGO
- Employment of Christians
- Christian Charities in a Secular Society
- Christian Identity
- Sustaining Christian Mission
- Christian or Christ-like?
- The difference that faith makes
- Technical & organisational capacity
- Technical Capacity
- Marketing & Communications
- World Vision leader – Case Study #1
- Risk Management & Reputation (1)
- Risk Management & Reputation (2)
- Case Study #2
- Overview of Comparisons & Networking
- Course Review (1)
About the instructor
Nils von Kalm
Nils is a freelance writer from Melbourne, Australia. He has a conviction that Jesus is relevant to all of life: our politics, economics, personal lives, everything. In his little spare time he loves reading, theology, politics, sports, and spending time with friends.
Certificate of Justice, Poverty & Development Training Enrolment & Payment Options
* Axx is an Australian based NFP Ministry. All prices are listed in Australian dollars.
When we look at the cross we see the justice, love, wisdom and power of God. It is not easy to decide which is the most luminously revealed, whether the justice of God in judging sin, or the love of God in bearing the judgment in our place, or the wisdom of God in perfectly combining the two, or the power of God in saving those who believe. For the cross is equally an act, and therefore a demonstration, of God’s justice, love, wisdom and power. The cross assures us that this God is the reality within, behind and beyond the universe.”John Stott
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”Micah 6:8